The colorful Burano island in VeniceTour to Burano island in Venice. An A to Z guide to walking in Burano located in Venice Italy.
Burano is one of the most colorful city in the world. It is an Italian island in the Venetian Lagoon near Torcello. Well known for the colored fishermen’s houses and lace work.
Getting there – You can take a day trip by a Venetian water bus from Venice. It will be a 6 Kilometers 45 Minutes ride.
Things to do in Burano
- Burano carnival ( happening in February )
- Street photography with brightly painted houses
- Go to fish market and eat delicious sea food
- Buy handmade Lace with needles (they have been doing this for centuries)
- Take a boat ride
- Visit to Church of San Martino